Translate

Total Tayangan Laman

Note

Note: For blogger friends who ever exchange links with me and have removed the blog or change your address, I have removed your link from my blog; including blogs that causes downloaded so difficult. Please remove my link from your blog. Thank you.

Catatan: Bagi teman-teman blogger yang pernah tukar link dengan saya dan telah menghapus blognya atau pindah alamat, saya telah menghapus link kalian dari blog saya; termasuk juga blog yang menyebabkan download jadi sukar. Silakan hapus link saya dari blog kalian. Terima kasih.

Senin, 24 Agustus 2009

Kimi: A good weekend for me


Source: www.planet-f1.com

Kimi Raikkonen is happy to have achieved his third podium finish of the season as Ferrari continue their fight back.

Their disasterous start to the season looks to be behind them as the Italian marque has finally begun to challenge - and achieve - top-three results on regular occasions.

Raikkonen claimed his second successive podium result in Valencia on Sunday when he finished in third place, behind Rubens Barrichello and Lewis Hamilton.

It was a solid showing from the Finn, who started the grand prix sixth on the grid and had to push hard to make up for the deficit that his F60 still has to its rivals.

"We needed to go 100 percent all the time," he said. "I had a good feeling with the car: from Friday it was working on the long stints and I was hoping it would be okay in the race. It turned out to be good.

"We know we are not where we need to be, we are a little behind but once we get the car running well, then usually we can fight for third if something weird happens in the race.

"It was a good weekend for me and I am happy to score a podium."
Raikkonen was also racing with added pressure on his shoulders this weekend as the former World Champion was forced to carry Ferrari alone as his new team-mate, Luca Badoer, failed to make any impact on the scoreboard.

The Italian, though, was nonetheless "happy" with his first-ever grand prix as a Ferrari driver.

"I'm very happy because we have arrived at a point that we fixed when we decided I would take Felipe's place," he said.

"So this is the first step. I drove, drove, drove, drove, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I did actually a big start and at the third corner I was 14th, and then a Renault kicked my ass.

"So I lost the position from that. Otherwise it was possible to have a completely different race.

"For me it was important to finish the race and get a good feeling with the car."

www.grandprix.com

European GP - Sunday - Team Quotes
Kimi Raikkonen (3rd):
"I am happy about this result. Already on Friday we saw that the car was pretty competitive over a distance and we therefore thought we could fight for a podium finish. We were also aware that, in qualifying, we might have struggled, especially on light fuel. Both these predictions proved correct and today we were once again able to get on the podium. I managed to make up a few places at the start and my first aim was to pull out a bit of a gap over Rosberg, who was going to stop after me. In the second part of the race, I realized that I could close on Kovalainen and try and make the most of the run of pit stops to get ahead of him and I managed it. Now we go to Spa, a track that I like a lot: we must wait for Friday to see how competitive we can be. At this point in the season, if we manage to get everything right, then we can aim for the podium and if anything was to happen to those ahead of us, we can try and do even better. We must do all we can to hang on to third place in the Constructors' championship."

Tidak ada komentar: