Translate

Total Tayangan Laman

Note

Note: For blogger friends who ever exchange links with me and have removed the blog or change your address, I have removed your link from my blog; including blogs that causes downloaded so difficult. Please remove my link from your blog. Thank you.

Catatan: Bagi teman-teman blogger yang pernah tukar link dengan saya dan telah menghapus blognya atau pindah alamat, saya telah menghapus link kalian dari blog saya; termasuk juga blog yang menyebabkan download jadi sukar. Silakan hapus link saya dari blog kalian. Terima kasih.

Senin, 06 Oktober 2008

Kimi at Mclaren (2002-2006)


Source: www. motorsport.com

Australian GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (3 March 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (3rd): "It goes without saying that I'm happy with my first ever Formula One podium finish and its great that it happened in my debut race for the West McLaren Mercedes team. I got caught out in the incident at the first corner but managed to get back on the circuit without too much damage to the car. I went into the pits where they put on a new nose and removed some debris from my seat and I re-joined the race in last place. I made my way back up the field to third and was doing what I could to catch Montoya. However after my pit stop I went wide as I rejoined the track and lost me second place."

Malaysian GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (17 March 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "It's a shame to end a race like this as I had a car, which was capable of finishing in a top position. My start was good despite the heavy fuel load as we were planning a one-stop strategy, which would have been perfect. I was lying in second place when all of sudden my engine let go at the last corner and that was it."

Brazillian GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (31 March 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (12th): "It's a pity that I didn't finish a race. Like David, I was stuck behind both Renaults for the majority of the Grand Prix but eventually managed to outbrake Jenson Button at the first corner on lap 40, which I held until my car suffered a wheel hub failure with three laps to go which cost me fourth place."

San Marino GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (14 April 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "A fairly uneventful race for me. The car was handling pretty well, but we just didn't have the speed to be at the front. The team told me to retire after the exhaust broke, and they detected hot gasses on the suspension. We will continue to work on improving the package and hopefully we will see results soon."

Spanish GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (28 April 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): “I don't know why but all of a sudden my rear wing failed on the straight on lap four when I was in fourth position and that was the end of my race. I know the team will investigate what caused the problem. It's one of those things that happen very rarely so I don't worry too much about it."

Austrian GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (12 May 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "This has been a difficult weekend for me and today things didn't get any better. I made an OK start and had a good battle with Rubens for sixth. I think he braked too late at the chicane and went into the back of me. I managed to get into the pits where the team fitted a new wing. I was able to rejoin the race for two laps but there was no balance in the car and I had to retire."

Monaco GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (26 May 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "This has been a difficult weekend for me and today things didn't get any better. I made an OK start and had a good battle with Rubens for sixth. I think he braked too late at the chicane and went into the back of me. I managed to get into the pits where the team fitted a new wing. I was able to rejoin the race for two laps but there was no balance in the car and I had to retire."

Canadian GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (9 June 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (4th): "First of all I'm pleased to finish the race, it's been some time. I made a good start and had an enjoyable battle with Ralf Schumacher in the opening stages and managed to keep him behind me. However we had a problem with the fuel rig during my pit stop and subsequently didn't take enough fuel on board. The team told me to conserve fuel, which slowed me down considerably and cost me a podium position. However to finish in the points was a nice way to end the weekend."

European GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (23 June 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (3rd): "I'm pleased to have equalled my previous best podium finish from Australia. There was a lot happening at the start, but I managed to retain sixth place. I was pushing hard, but then I outbraked myself and lost a position to Button. However I wasn't too worried because I knew that he was on a two-stop strategy. After David and Montoya's incident I caught Ralf Schumacher and we had a good battle where I tried to outbrake him on a number of occasions. I was just about to have another go when the team told me on the radio that he would be coming in for his pitstop. I was able to stay out for a few more laps and could open up enough of a gap. We had the right strategy today and whilst we were not as quick as Ferrari we were definitely faster than Williams- BMW which is good news."

British GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (7 July 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): 'My start was good and I was as quick as the leaders. On lap three I overtook Ralf Schumacher and everything was fine but then the rain started. Immediately I went into the pits but unfortunately I hadn't informed my crew early enough and they were not quite ready and I think this just upset our usual rhythm. Eventually an engine problem finished my race on lap 45.'

French GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (21 July 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (2nd): "It's a bit strange to describe my best ever Formula One result as the worst race of my life, but that is how I feel. To be at the front of a race with only a few laps left and then run wide and lose the lead is terrible. However there was oil on the track and I didn't see an oil flag and locked the wheels. I made a good start to claim third and was able to keep up with the leaders and really enjoyed the action. Today, the car was great, both pitstops were excellent and we were competitive. It was great to be fighting for the lead and taking it and now that I know how it feels I can't wait for next time."

German GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (28 July 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "I got a good get away and managed to get ahead of Montoya to claim fourth. We had a great battle where we were side-by-side from turn six until turn 12 but he was quicker than me and in the end he managed to get in front. I was comfortable in fifth place when all of a sudden I had a puncture but managed to get the car back to the pits. However in the process the car incurred some damage to the floor, the bodywork and the brake duct. However I was still able to do reasonably quick lap times. On lap 62 I lost control of the car at the last corner and that was the end of my race."

Hungarian GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (18 August 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (4th): "Considering our starting positions and the lack of overtaking opportunities presented by the circuit lay out, I'm pleased that we managed to get some points today. I made a good start and gained a couple of positions on the first lap. Montoya and myself then had a clean battle for seventh. On lap 22 we were side-by-side coming into turn two and I managed to get the inside for turn three where he ran wide. I was then behind Button who went off and got past Trulli and Massa in the pitstops. If we had qualified higher up the grid, we could have finished on the podium today as we were quick and had the right strategy, but once I had a clear track ahead of me and could start pushing it was too late."

Belgian GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (1 September 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "Not the ideal way to end the weekend, but it's one of those things. At the start I couldn't hold Rubens back. and he managed to get past as both him and Michael were on new tyres. The following lap I went wide and nearly lost control of the car but managed to save it, but unfortunately the mistake allowed Montoya to overtake me. I was keeping up with him and putting on the pressure, and we went into the pits for our first stops at the same time, but he got out in front of me. Just before my second pitstop I could feel that something was not right and on lap 36 I had an engine failure and that was the end of the race for me. It's been an exciting weekend and I enjoyed starting from the front row, but ideally I would have liked to stay there."

Italian GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (15 September 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "I got in front of Eddie Irvine at the start and after that it was a matter of staying on the track. If I had been able to finish the race, I would have been third today, but it's one of those things out of my control, and I'm already looking forward to the last two races of the season."

American GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (29 September 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "I made a decent start but understandably couldn't prevent Trulli, who was on a two stop strategy, from passing me at the first corner where I had to go a little wide to avoid contact. 13 laps into the race I felt a misfire in the engine, which dropped it onto nine cylinders. Obviously I lost some top speed, which allowed Villeneuve and Montoya to pass me. It's a shame because the car was feeling good and my overall pace was not bad. Unfortunately the engine ultimately gave up on lap 50 and that was the end of my American Grand Prix."

Japanese GP 2002 – Sunday Team Quote (13 October 2002)
Kimi Raikkonen (3rd): "Ralf Schumacher got past me at the start and as a result I was initially running in fifth. I had a fairly straight forward race until a few laps from the end when I experienced a fault with the throttle control system, which fortunately was rectified by the default strategy. At the end, I was able to take the final podium position when Ralf Schumacher retired. I claimed third in the first race in Australia and finished the last race in my first season with West McLaren Mercedes in third. I have enjoyed this year and am already looking forward to the start of testing."


Source: www.grandprix.com
Australian GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (9 March 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (3rd): "I'm obviously a bit disappointed because I was caught speeding marginally in the pitlane which possibly cost me the victory. However I'm pleased that the team won and we could start the 2003 season with a good result for everybody. During the formation lap I realised that the track was drying quicker than we had expected and we decided to come in for dry tyres, so in effect I started the race from the pitlane. I had a long battle with Michael Schumacher and managed to keep him behind me. He always seemed to get a fast exit out of the last corner, which allowed him to catch up and challenge me during braking for the first chicane. At one point we were side by side but I knew that I was on the inside and the corner wasn't wide enough for two cars so I stayed ahead, it was real fun. All in all an exciting race."

Malaysian GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (23 March 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (1st): "I'm very pleased with my first ever Formula One victory, but I'm not sure it's really going to sink in until tomorrow. I would like to thank everybody in the team not only here in Malaysia but also the McLaren and Mercedes-Benz people back in Woking, Brixworth, Stuttgart as well as Michelin for all the hard work they have put in. I made a good start and was coming into the second corner when I saw two cars hitting each other. I was going to stay on the outside, but at the last moment I saw one of the cars going backwards and I managed to take the inside line ? it was the right decision. I then overtook Nick Heidfeld to take second. I was taking it easy for the last 20 laps to ensure that I brought the car home and was not pushing. I'm going to fly home to Switzerland tonight so I don't think we will have a big party, but I'm sure we will celebrate a bit. I'm now looking forward to the next race and the rest of the season."

Brazillian GP 2003– Sunday Team Quote (6 April 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (2nd): "What a race. I think, with some of the bad luck I have experienced in the past, it was time that I was lucky. The team did a great job and deserved to win. Today's result is great for me and the team, but it's too early to think about the championship."“When the race started for real, it was still difficult to see where you were going because of all the spray.“ “I stayed out when the safety car came out again, whilst the majority of the field came in for their pit-stops. When I rejoined, I was able to overtake a couple of cars to take second but, as the circuit started to get drier, my rain tyres were not working as well, which allowed Giancarlo to close in. He overtook me when I went wide. I was coming into the pits for my final stop when the race was red flagged.”

San Marino GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (20 April 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (2nd): "I'm pleased with second place and would like to say a big thank you to the team for choosing the right strategy today. I managed to get fifth place at the start and then did everything I could to hold on to that.I must admit I was quite pleased when I saw Ferrari and BMW Williams coming in for their first stops. I had a problem getting the car into gear during the second pitstop, but it didn't cost too much time. Towards the end of the race Rubens put me under a bit of pressure, but I could keep second place and the lead in the Championship."

Spanish GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (4 May 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "A terrible and very short race for me. I got off the line quickly and was beside one of the Minardis when all of a sudden there was nowhere to go but into the back of the stationary Pizzonia. A real shame but its one of those things which can happen when you start from the back."

Austrian GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (18 May 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (2nd): "I'm pleased that I managed to keep the lead in the Championship even though it is getting smaller. I was a bit slow getting off the line at the start and lost a position to Montoya. I was then fighting to keep Rubens behind me but after a few laps the car became more stable and I was able to start pushing again. We did not always rev the engine to its full potential after the mechanics had done a great job this morning in fixing a valve problem and all their efforts meant that I was able to finish second. Towards the end Rubens and myself had an exciting fight but when we had started the last lap and were through the first corner I knew I could stay ahead if I kept my line."

Monaco GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (1 June 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (2nd): "I'm a bit disappointed as traffic meant that I was unable to take advantage of the fact that I was able to stay out longer than Montoya before stopping. However that is Monaco for you and at least I have increased my Championship lead. I got a bad start, which allowed Montoya to get past me and after that it was really just a matter of putting as much pressure as possible on him to try and force him into making a mistake but unfortunately he didn't."

Canadian GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (15 June 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (6th): "Today's result is not a disaster at all and the gap to Michael is only three points with plenty more races to go. I started the race from the pitlane but after 10-15 laps, the team told me to save my brakes so I was not able to push and if you don"t push, you don"t gain places. However I was able to make some progress through the field. I lost one position to Barrichello when I had a puncture on my right rear tire and had to go into the pits a bit earlier than scheduled. The whole team and myself look forward to fighting back at the next race."

European GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (29 June 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "Obviously I'm extremely disappointed as we could have won today. I made a textbook start from pole position and was able to control the race and was pulling away until I had to retire with an engine failure. I had no indication that it was going to happen and the car was feeling great. However that is motor racing and we have to focus on the French Grand Prix. The gap to Michael can easily be closed with a good result and that is what we want to achieve next weekend."

French GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (6 July 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (4th): "I'm not satisfied by finishing fourth as I was third for most of the race. However I lost so much time stuck in traffic behind cars which seemed to be ignoring the blue flags that Michael was able to get past me after his final pitstop. In addition I had no brakes during the last few laps as I lost the rear disk and you can't drive fast without brakes, so not a brilliant day. However on the bright side Michael only managed to extend his lead by one point but the Championship is getting closer with Ralf Schumacher closing on me. It should be an exciting race at Silverstone in two weeks time."

British GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (20 July 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (3rd): "The most important thing is that we managed to close the gap in the Drivers' World Championship by one point. I made a good start to take second and was able to put pressure on Trulli. I saw the weird guy climbing over the high fence but had already passed when he actually went on to the track. I probably could have finished second, but halfway through my final stint I was really struggling with the balance on my last set of tires and subsequently lost a lot of time. To make matters worse I lost the rear momentarily braking at Stowe which allowed Montoya to get past. At the end of the day you never know, later in the season the one point we scored today might prove crucial."

German GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (3 August 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (DNF): "I got off the line very well at the start and went straight down on the outside. I was past Barrichello when he hit my rear tire. There was nowhere for me to go and I went into the tirewall. I don't know who is to blame and it doesn't really matter, because there is nothing I can do about it, and at least I'm OK apart from feeling a bit sore. We lost a place in the Championship, but at the end of the day there are still four races to go and lots of points up for grabs."

Hungarian GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (24 August 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (2nd): "I'm very happy with today's result as we have closed the gap in the World Championship significantly. At the start I initially tried to go on the outside of Rubens, but he closed the gap, so I went on the inside and managed to gain three places, and after the first couple of laps I was third. I lost quite a lot time stuck behind Webber which allowed Alonso to open up a gap and after that there was nothing I could do. The car was the best it's been all weekend and everybody in the team has been working very hard. I'm looking forward to the last three races, and I know we will give it 100 percent and I can't wait."

Italian GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (14 September 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (4th): "I think we did what we could do today, but we were not quick enough to fight for the podium. I was close to Rubens but not enough to really have a go. Obviously I'm now seven points behind in the battle for the Championship, so it is more difficult, but you never know what will happen in the next two races. We knew that Monza would be difficult, and overall to leave with points is positive particularly as we expect both Indianapolis and Suzuka to suit us better, so it's not over yet."

American GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (28 September 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (2nd): "The weather basically lost us the race victory today as we were not as quick in the wet conditions as Michael. The good news is that we still have a chance in Japan, but it's more difficult now. I made a good start from pole and was pretty much in control and had a good battle with Ralf Schumacher before he crashed out. Once the rain started things changed. We came in at the right times and didn't put a foot wrong but there was nothing we could do. Now I look forward to the final race at Suzuka in two weeks time where I know we will give it all and anything can happen in racing."

Japanese GP 2003 – Sunday Team Quote (12 October 2003)
Kimi Raikkonen (2nd): "Obviously I'm a bit disappointed not to win the World Championship, but we needed a bit of luck to do it, and whilst we were close, we were not close enough - however at least we took the battle to the last round. I want to thank everybody in the team, both here and back at base, who have worked so hard during the season and pushed as much as possible, and I'm confident that we will mount an even stronger title challenge next season. I made an OK start, but we were quite far down the grid after weather affected our qualifying yesterday, which always makes things more difficult. I struggled with the handling on my last two sets of tires but continued to push as hard as I could until the very last lap as you never know what might happen in racing, but it was not enough. I have enjoyed the 2003 season and am already looking forward to next year."



Source: www.formula1.com
07 Mar 2004
Australian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF, engine): "I'm very disappointed with our performance this weekend, but hopefully we can do better in the next race. I stalled at the start and lost a few places but managed to regain most of them during the first couple of corners. The car felt good, but unfortunately it didn't last very long, and I retired with an engine failure - definitely not the best way to start the season."

21 Mar 2004
Malaysian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "It's never nice not to finish a race, not only for me but also for the team. However, whilst we need to become even more competitive at least we have taken a step in the right direction, and I know everybody will continue their efforts to improve even further. We were close to getting on the podium today, but in my second pitstop we struggled to get the fuel nozzle to come off, so we lost important time to BAR and Jenson could take third. A few laps later something broke in my transmission, and that was the end of that. I'm now hoping that we can take another step in time for the next race in Bahrain."

04 Apr 2004
Bahrain Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "It' been a difficult weekend for me and the entire team. I started the race from last but made a good start and gained quite a few places during the first couple of laps. I was battling with one of the Jaguars for 11th but all of a sudden I lost power and my engine went. There is not really anything else I can say or do. I just want to forget this weekend and look forward to the rest of the year."

25 Apr 2004
San Marino - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (8th): "I'm pleased to finish my first race of the season and get one point, but obviously we want to be fighting for the lead and not eighth place. I started the race from last, so I had to fight hard to make up some positions. The track is very narrow, so it's quite difficult to overtake and when you are so far back you inevitably get stuck. I know that the team will continue to work hard on improving our package and making further progress both with pace and reliability."

09 May 2004
Spain - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (11th): "We just couldn't do better today as it was clear we were not quick enough. There is no point in me getting frustrated as there is nothing I can do to change the situation, and I know that the team is as motivated and focused as ever to make progress. I made a good start from 13th and gained three places to get into 10th at the first corner. We made a few adjustments in the second pitstop to try to improve performance which took some additional time. In my final stop we had to put some air into the pneumatic system's airbottle as the pressure had dropped a bit."

23 May 2004
Monaco - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "The engineers could see that there was a problem with the engine's pneumatic system and the team told me to come in and retire. I think we could have done well here today. Obviously I'm disappointed as we have had a good and reasonably competitive weekend until today. There was a lot of smoke when Sato's engine blew up, but I was prepared as it had been smoking for some time and managed to find my way through."

30 May 2004
Europe - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "Obviously I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed. I was at the front after getting past Sato and Trulli on the first lap and there was no doubt that things were looking good. We are making progress, but it's clear that we have to improve our reliability dramatically."

13 Jun 2004
Canada - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (7th): "It was a difficult race, but I'm pleased to score some points. I was given a drive through penalty as I touched the white line at the pit lane exit, which overall wouldn't have cost me a position. However then an electrical problem developed, which meant we had to change the steering wheel during my third pit stop. It did happen again, so I went on the radio to the team saying I was coming into the pits, so they could change the steering wheel. This additional stop did cost us sixth place, but with five visits to the pits seventh is OK. At least we are going in the right direction, and it was just unlucky we had that problem."

20 Jun 2004
US Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (6th): "I did score some points today, but I'm still a bit disappointed as I strongly believe I could have finished on the podium. We have taken a step forward with the MP4-19 and were able to run reasonably competitively, but it was not to be. We had a strong race strategy, the car was handling well, and I was able to really attack. However I was forced to make two unscheduled stops as the team had to top up the pneumatic air system on the engine with additional air, which at the end cost me quite a few positions."

04 Jul 2004
French Grand Prix - selected driver quotes

Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (7th): "It's always difficult starting from ninth, and I think if I had not messed up in qualifying yesterday we would have done much better. I made a good start and gained two places but it was not enough. The speed of the 19B is good, and I'm confident for the rest of the season particularly as we have further developments coming."

11 Jul 2004
British Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (2nd): "Although we didn't win today it was an exciting race, and second is a great result for the entire team. All the hard work that went into the development of the MP4-19B has paid off. I made a very good start and was able to push throughout the race. Unfortunately I had a bit of traffic after my pit stops, but that's racing. I struggled with the balance on the rear with my last set of tyres and as a result it wasn't possible to attack harder and pass Michael in my last stint. The outcome of today's race is very motivating for the team after the bad first half of the season."

25 Jul 2004
German Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "Obviously I'm extremely disappointed as things were looking good, and there was no doubt that we were in with a good chance of winning the race. I lost a place at the start to Alonso as he was extremely fast off the line, but I retook second place a few laps later and was able to keep up with Michael. I was quicker than him after my first pitstop and only needed a few more laps to be able to mount a real challenge for the lead. All of a sudden I just lost downforce and then I was a passenger. It's never nice not to finish a race, but at least we know that the pace is there. We are competitive and I'm looking forward to continue our challenge for victory in three weeks time in Hungary."

15 Aug 2004
Hungarian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "I gained a few positions on the first lap to be seventh and was getting into the race. I'm not sure what the problem was, but the engine kept cutting out for a few laps, so there was nothing for me to do but retire. It's a shame as we could have been in the points, but I look forward to Spa where I think we will be more competitive."

29 Aug 2004
Belgian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (1st): "I could not hope for a better result today. It has been a tough season this year, we have been close to a good result a couple of times already, and finally the good work of the entire team on track, in Woking, Brixworth and Stuttgart has been rewarded with a win. The race itself was tough as I suffered a little damage to the floor of the car after the start when Fellipe Massa hit me from behind, but that did not hamper my performance. Then from lap eight onwards I experienced problems with the downshift throughout the race, which affected the breaking at the hairpin, however despite all this we achieved an exceptional result."

12 Sep 2004
Italian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "I think we could have been in a strong position for a podium finish today. However it was not to be, as after only two laps it became clear that my engine was losing water pressure. It was a shame as I made a good start and gained a few places. Things were looking good and this is not the way I would have liked to finish the European season, but at least we now have the pace to fight for victories."

26 Sep 2004
Chinese Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (3rd): "From where I was sitting that was a close and exciting debut race and hopefully the Chinese fans agree. I was able to keep up with Rubens but just lacked that final speed to get past and take the lead. As always we are here to win races and decided to change my strategy in an attempt to get past Rubens with a short middle stint. However, it didn't work out and we lost second place to Jenson, but I'm not too disappointed. The car has felt good throughout the weekend and once again my Michelin tyres were working well. My times were consistent during the race and I'm looking forward to the last two races where we will continue to go for victory."

10 Oct 2004
Japanese Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (6th): "A fairly uneventful race for me. I was struggling with the car and from 12th it's fairly limited what you can do. I didn't make a brilliant start, but I gained one place and that was really it. I had an incident with one of the Jordan cars when I was trying to lap it towards the end of the race at turn nine. Basically I was on the inside and he just turned in on me. He hit me quite hard and damaged my steering a bit, so I was struggling to keep the car on the road. A race to forget to be honest but bring on Brazil."

24 Oct 2004
Brazilian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (2nd): “I was close to winning but just not close enough. It was a good race and I enjoyed it, but I would have liked to finish on the top step. I started the race on Michelin intermediates and was able to take the lead after a few corners. However, after my first stop I just didn’t have the speed to keep up with Juan Pablo. We were side-by-side down the pitlane, and I did what I could to keep him behind me – perhaps in hindsight I could have been a bit more aggressive coming into the corner. 2004 has been a tough season for the entire team, but everybody has worked so hard to turn things around, and to finish 2004 on the podium is a good reward for all. I now look forward to next season where hopefully Juan Pablo and myself will be able to challenge for wins and the Championship from the beginning.”


Source: www.formula1.com
06 Mar 2005
Australian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (8th): "The result might not show this but we have the pace to challenge for victories, which is great. However today my race was really over when I stalled the car at the start and had to begin my race from the pitlane. In the opening stages I was stuck behind Michael Schumacher which lost me some time, but when I got past him in the first round of pitstops I was able to pick up speed again. However my deflector came off and went underneath the car. The team removed it during my scheduled second pitstop but the loss obviously affected the handling of my car in the closing stages. I really look forward to Malaysia where hopefully we should be able to get the result we believe we are capable of and have some more consistent weather."

20 Mar 2005
Malaysian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (9th): "A disappointing end to a race, which looked quite promising immediately after my first stop where I had gained two positions to take fourth. However early on during my outlap a tyre valve failure caused a puncture to the right rear, and I was forced to go almost a full lap in order to get back to the pits. My times during the race showed that I was able to go at the same speed as the leaders. I got past Felipe Massa and closed the gap to Christian Klien and Michael Schumacher, but when I got there it was too late for an attack."

03 Apr 2005
Bahrain Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (3rd): "I am very pleased with third place after a difficult two qualifying sessions. The car felt really good in the race, but unfortunately I was stuck behind a lot of traffic early on. I managed to gain a few places, but once I was in third position the front two cars were too far ahead for me to catch them and in agreement with the team we decided to conserve the engine for Imola."

24 Apr 2005
San Marino Grand Prix - driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "Unfortunately my race was cut short as a result of a failure in the left driveshaft. Obviously I am disappointed as I had a great start and was really building on my lead. At least we know that the car has the pace in both qualifying as well as the race, and with some improvements due for Spain in two weeks I am looking forward to a good race there."

08 May 2005
Spanish Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (1st): "We have been close to victory a few times and today it finally happened. The car has been working perfectly throughout the weekend and we knew we had a good chance to win. A lot of effort has gone into this from the team and all our Partners and I would like to thank everybody. If we can continue to show performance like the one today we still have a good chance of fighting for the World Championships. We have a competitive package and until Imola we were extremely reliable so anything can happen. I made a clean start from pole and was pushing really hard until the first pitstop when I saw how big the gap actually was. There was a small scare as I pulled away from my first stop because the engine did not pick up but it soon rectified itself and then I just took it easy during my second stop. All in all a great weekend!"

22 May 2005
Monaco Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (1st): "This is great. To win is always fantastic, but Monaco is a special challenge. We have been strong throughout the weekend and I was able to pretty much control the race. I was able to push and open up a considerable gap, and when the time was right I simply came into the pits, refuel and still rejoin the race in the lead. After that I could take it a bit easier and look after the car and the Michelin tyres. Once again thank you to the entire team and everybody at Michelin. We have worked hard, and I think we have the best package out there at the moment. Our World Championship battle has gained momentum today. We will take one race at a time and continue to do our best."

29 May 2005
European Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (11th): "I am really frustrated to retire from the race in the lead on the very last lap having dominated throughout. I had a well balanced car until a flatspot on my right front tyre caused terrible vibrations which eventually led to the suspension failure. We lost valuable ten points in the championship, however we will do our very best to try to win races in the remainder of the season as we have a very competitive package. This is not just a sad result for me but for the entire team that has worked so hard."

12 Jun 2005
Canadian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (1st): "I have gained what I lost at the last race and my Championship battle is back on. I came here to get ten points and we got them and I'm really pleased. Just after my first pitstop my steering developed a problem which meant that whenever I was driving straight it was pulling to the left. After the race I learnt that the team was monitoring the situation carefully but I had to do the best I could and we made it. The team told me to take it easy but I still had to push, so it was all about finding the right balance. Towards the end Michael was catching up but it was not too much of a problem. I can't wait for the race in Indianapolis next week where I think, once again, we should be in with a good chance of winning."

19 Jun 2005
US Grand Prix - selected driver quotes

03 Jul 2005
French Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren, 2nd, +11.8 seconds "Considering where we started I'm pleased with today's result as I only suffered minimum damage in my World Championship battle. The car was working well, and if I could have started third, which is where my actual qualifying time would have put me, I could definitely have won the race. Our strategists got things right and it was an interesting race. I suffered a bit from traffic and lost too much time early on working my way through the field. When I had clear air it really was too late to make any significant impact on the gap to Alonso. Hopefully everything will work out well for us at Silverstone in a few days, and I can do what Alonso did today which is winning in front of lots of supporters."

10 Jul 2005
British Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren, 3rd, +14.4 seconds "I think I did the best I could today, and we can leave Silverstone with two podium finishes. If I had not had the problems yesterday and lost 10 grid positions, the result would have been different, but that is motor racing. However we lost only two points in the Championship battle and hopefully we can challenge for victory at the remaining races. During the race I lost a lot of time behind other cars. It's so difficult to get close in the fast corners as you just lose all grip. When I got past Michael and Trulli in the pitstops it was too late and the gap to the front was too big. There is no doubt that we have the speed as I was able to set the fastest time of the race on the last lap, so I look forward to Hockenheim where hopefully we should have an 'uneventful' weekend."

24 Jul 2005
German Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "What can I say! It's always terrible to retire from a race, but to retire whilst in the lead with a good gap to the number two car is even worse. This is the worst thing that could have happened as it looked like the race was in the bag. However that is motor racing, but it seems like I have had my fair share of bad luck this season. Myself and the whole team now need to overcome today's disappointment and focus on the Hungarian race and the rest of the season. There is still a mathematical chance that I can win the Drivers Championship but it's getting difficult. However we are still in the battle for the Constructors' battle, so we will keep on fighting."

31 Jul 2005
Hungarian Grand Prix - driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (1st): "This is a great result for the entire team who have worked really hard these past weeks. At the first part of the race I was stuck behind Michael Schumacher, and it was impossible to pass him. However the team changed my strategy for the second pitstop and this meant that I could get in front of him and build a comfortable lead. The car felt really good throughout the race and the Michelin tyres were perfect right up until the last lap. It is a shame that Juan Pablo retired as we would have definitely had a one-two victory today."

21 Aug 2005
Turkish Grand Prix - selected driver quotes

Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (1st): "I'm very happy to win the first ever Turkish Grand Prix. We arrived here with a strong basis thanks to the work put in back at base which definitely made our weekend a lot easier. I didn't make the best of starts as I had bit of wheel spin which allowed Fisichella to pass. However he ran wide later on the first lap which allowed me to re-take the lead. I was pushing as hard as I could, but we knew our strategy would work, so really after the first pitstop I could be safe. I had a few scary moments with traffic which is always frustrating, but there is no doubt that our package is really quick. As a team we were a little bit unlucky today with what happened to Juan Pablo. At the end of the season two points can make all the difference, and all we can do is just to keep on winning. It's been a great visit to Turkey for me, and I can't wait for Monza."

04 Sep 2005
Italian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes

Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (4th): “This was a very disappointing day for me which could have ended much better. Due to an engine change I had to start from 11th, and then a tyre problem caused an additional stop which prevented me from benefiting from our one stop strategy. I had one spin when I hit the curbs in the last stage of the race, but that didn’t influence the outcome too much. I pushed very hard throughout and the speed of the car, even with a heavy fuel load, was excellent. So it is a pity that the result does not reflect our performance. Even though my World Championship chances are not looking so good I will continue to fight.”

11 Sep 2005
Belgian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (1st): “We did what we could today, and I’m thrilled to win here at Spa for the second time in a row. However Juan Pablo’s (Montoya’s) retirement was a real shame and I feel sorry for him and the team as we could have left Spa with so much more as we really deserved a one-two. Everything went well during the race with no real dramas and the car was great. When the safety car came out we took the opportunity to come into the pits and as Ralf (Schumacher) was quite a bit lighter at this stage he was able to be in front of me. However I didn’t push to look after the Michelin tyres. Consequently when it dried out I was able to really push and caught up with a series’ of fast laps. I claimed the lead after the second pitstop as I could stay out longer than Juan Pablo and that was it. However there are mixed emotions as we should have had a one-two today.”

25 Sep 2005
Brazilian Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (2nd): "Congratulations to Fernando, but he better be prepared for me and the team to fight him hard for the rest of the season and next year. Today's race was quite difficult and my car was not easy to drive. I carried a bit more fuel than Juan Pablo, but I still was not able to get past him in the pitstops, and he drove a good race. Of course I'm disappointed that my fight for the Drivers' World Championship is over, but we sort of knew it was going to happen. I will now focus on winning the Constructors' title for the team and go flat out for the last two races."

09 Oct 2005
Japanese Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (1st): "I think that was one of my best races ever with a lot of hard work and I really enjoyed myself. Considering all the problems we have had here to come away with a win is just fantastic. There was a lot happening on the first lap and both Juan Pablo and myself got involved, which is often inevitable when you are starting so far down. I was pushing as hard as I could and the car just got better and better. My seventh gear was a little too short which meant that the revlimiter sometimes kicked in and made it difficult to overtake. I knew that Webber and Button had to pit before me, and after the second stop I had gained enough on Fisichella to go for it and I did. I got past him on the last lap coming into the first corner, and it was one of those opportunities you have to take. Today's result means that I have the best possible position for qualifying in China, but as this weekend showed that is no guarantee. I look forward to Shanghai where we will do everything we can to win the Constructors' Championship."

16 Oct 2005
Chinese Grand Prix - selected driver quotes
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (2nd): "Today was not our day and finishing second was the best we could do but obviously it was not enough to take the title. The car was not quick enough at the start of the race and when it really came on towards the end it was too late. I don't know why this was the case as we have been quick throughout the weekend. The Safety Car was deployed due to the loose manhole cover. The lap before Juan Pablo hit the cover I saw it was at a strange angle and just managed to avoid it the following lap. The whole incident brought out the Safety Car which meant that we were not really able to use our strategic advantage. We did what we could this year but it was not enough so congratulations to Renault but next year we try again and I can't wait."


Source: www.formula1.com
Bahrain GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (12 March 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (3rd): “This is a great result after the disappointment of yesterday, but we have known that the car was very strong all weekend. We thought that we had a chance to score some points today, even though we were starting from the back of the grid, but to get a podium is fantastic, The first few laps were crucial to this result, and luckily I managed to overtake a lot of cars at the first corner; I was up to 13th by lap two even though the cars in front were all lighter than me. We then gained some more places later on as a result of our strategy. The outcome is even more important to the whole team, who have been working so hard throughout the winter, as we didn't know where we were after testing and everyone had been saying that we were struggling. However we really have improved over the past few weeks. It proves that we are competitive and if not for yesterday we could have been even better.”

Malaysian GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (19 March 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): “I am very disappointed because I had a great car set-up and very good race strategy. I think it was fairly obvious that Christian Klien made a pretty fundamental mistake and ran into the back of me at turn five, breaking my rear suspension in the process. A positive side, the team has had good race reliability in the first two races and I am already looking forward to Melbourne in two weeks."

Australian GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (2 April 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (2nd): "Despite not winning I'm really pleased as we now have a package which is level with the Renaults which I think we demonstrated today. The race was rather hectic. I enjoyed a good battle with Juan Pablo at the start, but when I overtook Jenson I flatspotted my right front tyre which caused some vibration. However I was still able to go flat out and keep up with Fernando, but then all of a sudden the footplate on the right hand side of my front wing fractured probably due to the vibration. As a result I started to have severe understeer and lost a lot of time to Fernando. Fortunately with 21 laps to go the Safety Car came out which gave us enough time to go into the pits and change the front wing. I was really pushing, but in the final Safety Car period one of the Midland cars was between Fernando and I, which meant I was unable to get really close to have a go. An enjoyable race and I can't wait for Imola. The team has definitely made great progress with our entire package."

San Marino GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (23 April 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (5th): "I was not entirely happy with my car today and wasn't able to really go for it. My start was not very good and I lost a couple of positions, and then traffic hampered my progress during the first half of the race. After the second stop the car improved quite a bit and became easier to drive and I could start pushing again. However I got stuck behind Felipe Massa and to overtake here at Imola is virtually impossible as we could see in the race today. We can leave Imola with some points which is important and I now look forward to the next race in Germany."

European GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (7 May 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, Mclaren (4th): "I was able to pass Rubens Barrichello at the start of the race but unfortunately Jenson Button was able to squeeze through at the first corner, then on the fourth lap I was able to overtake him before the chicane. Despite giving my all throughout the race it was not enough to get a podium. The overall performance of the car was not as I would have liked, however we are closer to the lead and there is a definite improvement from the last race. We now have to continue our hard work so that we can perform better at the next grand prix in Barcelona."

Spanish GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (14 May 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (5th): "A rather uneventful race for me. I made a good start where I managed to get up from ninth to fifth and that was all the progress I was able to make. It was simply not possible to keep up with the Renaults and the Ferraris this weekend and we will spend the time before the Monaco Grand Prix looking at ways to improve."

Monaco GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (28 May 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF):"Things just didn't go my way today. Our strategy would probably have meant that I would have been able to take the lead after the second series of pitstops, but we really lost out when the Safety Car came out. Then there was a small fire caused by a heat shield which damaged a wiring loom and that was the end of the race for me. It's always disappointing to retire both for me and the team, but it's particularly hard when you all know that you are in with a good chance to win. However we have made progress, and the car was really competitive today, and we aim to do well at Silverstone."

British GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (11 June 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (3rd):"I made a good start off the line and was able to maintain my second place. However I was not fast enough on the straights to pass Alonso. After the Safety Car came back in I could close the gap a bit, but that was it really. I suffered from oversteer towards the end of the race which allowed Fisichella to close up. However I wasn't too worried as I knew it would be almost impossible for him to actually overtake. We were not as quick as Alonso and Schumacher and third place was the maximum possible, but I think the good news is that this weekend has shown we are moving in the right direction and are getting more and more competitive."

Canadian GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (25 June 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (3rd):"That was not an easy race. I was really pushing Fernando for the lead in the opening part and was able to have a go at the hairpin when he went wide, but it was not to be. We had some problems with the clutch in both pit stops which hampered our chance of victory. Traffic didn't make things easier and at the end I was in second. However then the Safety Car came back out and I was pushing to see if there was a chance of catching Fernando, but went wide at the hairpin which allowed Michael past. That was a shame but we always want to do everything we can to win. We can leave Montreal knowing that we are competitive and I look forward to Indianapolis."

American GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (2 July 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "I made a really good start and was quick off the line. However things got messy at the second corner and Juan Pablo hit me from behind and that was the end of the race. There is no point in blaming anyone as these sort of things happen in racing and especially when you are not at the front. As a team we will now get over the disappointment of today's result and focus on the next race."

French GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (16 July 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (5th): "A disappointing race as the car was handling really well. We were lacking the speed to win, but I lost a few tenths in the second pit-stop which cost me fourth place today, so we definitely could have done better today. The car is steadily improving and we have further developments at the next test so we now look forward to the next race at Hockenheim in two weeks time, where hopefully we will score better in front of the Mercedes-Benz home crowd."

German GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (30 July 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (3rd): "To be on the podium is really the best result that we could have achieved today as we have had several problems. During the race I was delayed in my first pit-stop due to a crossed wheel nut; I suffered from blistering on my second set of tyres, and there was a small issue with the hydraulics, which meant that Jenson Button was able to get ahead after my first stop. However none of these really mattered as we were able to make up all the time in the last part of the race where we were very strong. The result today shows that the car has definitely improved, and hopefully next race we can do even better."

Hungarian GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (6 August 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "I could do nothing to avoid the collision with Liuzzi. He really slowed down on the racing line and there was just nowhere for me to go except into the back of him. The start of the race was really good for me with my first set of Michelin tyres working really well, but after the first stop I was really struggling with grip on the front, and as a result Fernando Alonso was able to build on his lead. It is never great to end a race like that especially when there was every opportunity to win it, but we just have to move forward, and I really appreciate the gesture of Liuzzi coming to apologise. Well done Pedro for a strong performance."

Turkish GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (27 August 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "It got very messy at the start. I tried to avoid a spinning Fisichella, but then Speed hit my left rear tyre causing a puncture. I drove for almost a whole lap with a damaged tyre in order to get back to the pits to see what could be done. The team changed my tyre, but I think the car must have incurred quite a lot of damage at this point. When I re-joined the race, I came into Turn 4, had no rear end grip, got sideways, ran out of road, hit the tyrewall and that was it. My back is a bit sore but nothing to worry about. I'm obviously disappointed that my race was over so quickly, but there was nothing we could do."

Italian GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (10 September 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (2nd): “I’m happy with my second place here in Monza. All in all this was a good weekend for us, and the team has done a fantastic job. We have improved our starting system, which helped me a lot on the run to the first corner. I was controlling the race until my first pit stop but the fact that Michael was able to stay out for one more lap than me eventually decided the outcome of the race.”

Chinese GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (1 October 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (DNF): "That was a shame as it was looking like we could achieved a win today. I don't know exactly what happened, but all of a sudden the throttle didn't react correctly and the engine went into safety mode and selected neutral. I made a good start and then got on the outside and gained a couple of places - it was a bit tight, so I didn't manage to get past Fisichella at that point. I overtook him later on and was gaining on Alonso before my first scheduled pitstop. I'm disappointed, but at least we showed that we have the speed, so I'm looking forward to Japan now."

Japanese GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (8 October 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (5th): "That was a good result for where we started the race, but it is not really good enough to be fighting for fifth place, and not what we wanted out of the weekend. The car felt a lot better today especially in the long runs, but our race today was lost in qualifying yesterday where we just couldn't get the speed out of the car that was possible."

Brazillian GP 2006 - Sunday Team Quote (22 October 2006)
Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (5th): "That was a good result for where we started the race, but it is not really good enough to be fighting for fifth place, and not what we wanted out of the weekend. The car felt a lot better today especially in the long runs, but our race today was lost in qualifying yesterday where we just couldn't get the speed out of the car that was possible."

Tidak ada komentar: